Monday, October 19, 2009

First Snow!!



Today (October 15) was the first day of snow in Wien. O.K. it was only a little flurry mixed in with the rain, but it was echtes Schnee! That would have made the day, but as chance would have it, the heating in our apartment also failed. The coldest day since the end of summer (3 degrees Celcius, or about 38 degrees Freakin cold!) and our heating won't work. Great! No, it felt worse than that.... I thought we were in fact cursed by uncaring gods. I couldn't believe it. I imagined a very cold night. I was not pleased. I was pissed. I was at the end of my rope. I was... helpless. I hate that feeling.

By the end of the day someone arrived to fix our heater (turned out to be a routine problem which now I know how to fix myself), and all was well, again. Wheww. I had 3 beers that evening and went early to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment