Monday, July 26, 2010

On the Road to Spain






We left hot, tropical Wien Saturday morning for Salzburg. Unfortunately the weather took a turn for the worse. Rain and wind all day. A steady rain in Salzburg - we got soaked walking around. We don't have proper rain attire. I grew up in California, so o.k. I'm not up on the latest rain gear. Nonetheless, today we could've used some proper gear.


We finally found a cafe/restaurant (almost all the cafes were full 'cause everyone was hiding out from the rain) and the kids took some black&white pix of each other.


The plan is to wake up early tomorrow and head straight off to Lausanne.


Pascal: I like the rain 'cause if I get my hair wet I don't have to take a bath and wash my hair.


Dean: I thought snow was bad, but rain is way worse.


Anika: The weather was bad, but therefore I had a good time.


Tessa: But I don't have any shoes.


Sabine: Today is today, but tomorrow will be different.



___________________________


We made it to Lindau on the Boden See today. Nice weather, nice lake, sunshine, pretty town and sailboats all around. Smells like vacation.



Lindau has a re-ocurring symbol of a tree with oversize leaves (sometimes with roots). Don't know what it means. Of course I couldn't say what the picture of the oak tree meant in Oakland, except that the city's name is Oakland so... get it: therefore a picture of an oak tree. Maybe it's the same thing for Lindau.






That's a model of Lindau, Pascal the giant is attacking.


_____________________________



Next day, on to France. We stopped in a little town (Clemont-Ferrand) that had the name of Pascal all over it!! Was Pascal the mathematician born here? Don't know. But we ate at Cafe Pascal, and found a Rue Pascal.





The huge Michelin factory, or its decaying remains is near by "Town du Pascal."





No comments:

Post a Comment