Saturday, February 23, 2013

Ski Day

One Wednesday in early February, after a weekend of snowing, I took a ski holiday to Stuhleck about an hour outside of Wien. Wien was foggy, and the whole way to the mountain, but exactly after a long tunnel before Stuhleck, the sun broke! A perfect deep blue sky. The sun made me feel like it was California all over again.

I rented skis and took to the hills. Since I was alone I just skied and skied. There were no crowds, so I went up the lift, down the hill and over again. Two hours in the morning, then a pause for lunch followed by another couple of hours in the afternoon. I was sooo tired, but it felt great to cruise down the hills, carve some turns, get some speed under my feet.





1 comment:

  1. I wondered what he meant, for when I ski it is always with trepidation.
      nfl jerseys cheap|football jerseys cheap

    ReplyDelete